Students Offering Support (SOS) is a National Charity that develops and supports Chapters in universities across North America. The SOS model, Raising Marks, Raising Money, Raising Roofs, provides a service within which people place genuine value, and is unlike any other organization. Students Offering Support is a unique social enterprise that relies on the passionate student leaders to create positive impact both at home and abroad. Regardless of position, all Students Offering Support volunteers must thoroughly understand, communicate, and embody SOS’ 360 degree model of volunteering.
Role As the VP of International Development, you are the face of Raising Roofs and the SOS Outreach Trips at your Chapter. This role will require a thorough understanding of the Outreach Trip process at SOS; everything from our partnering communities in Central and South America, to trip logistics, to having a grasp on international development language and discussion.
- Convey SOS’ procedures and policies for project selection, trip execution, and trip logistics to all SOS volunteers;
- Communicate with Marketing Department to recruit for the Outreach Trip(s);
- Coordinate with your Chapter’s Outreach Trip applicants;
- Interview trip applicants and accept them as they meet the necessary criteria;
- Begin to build a community with confirmed trip participants through social media, in-person meetings, recruitment and engagement events, etc.. resources, sharing, and network development;
- Attend weekly meetings with President(s) and exec team – provide department updates, contribute to brainstorming sessions, and provide team with feedback to all members.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Friendly & sociable
Last modified: January 30, 2019